Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by to...@inf.mit.bme.hu on 2014/07/23 14:54:34 UTC

XenServer provisioning module for VCL

Dear all,
I am happy to introduce that my new XenServer Provisioning Module for VCL is ready to use. First testing was successfull, so I made the resources available for the Community. Every interested is welcome to try it!

About the module:
- It allows to use XenServer as a VM Host
- It supports three deployment models (see the docs for additional information)
- No additional dependencies, no additional Perl modules are needed
- The XenServer (or XenPool) is controlled over SSH (via xe CLI)
- Only pure deployments are supported (no automatic image conversion from ESXi or KVM)
- Windows and Linux OS-s are supported

The module available in our SVN repository:
https://svn.inf.mit.bme.hu/projects/vcl/xenserver-provisioning-module/XenServer.pm
Documentation:
https://svn.inf.mit.bme.hu/projects/vcl/xenserver-provisioning-module/xenserver_provisioning_module.pdf

As we are still testing the module, maybe some bugs will be revealed, however I will fix them. In the SVN You will be able to access the newest version!

All comments and insights would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Aaron Toth
VCL System Administrator

Fault Tolerant Systems Research Group
Department of Measurement and Information Systems

Re: XenServer provisioning module for VCL

Posted by to...@inf.mit.bme.hu.
That sounds good.
I'm working on automated testing of the module. (using the XMLRPC-API)

Br,
Aaron Toth

As you move forward in testing, it will be good to get this into the
main svn. Maybe it could be included in the 2.4 release? :)

Aaron Peeler

Re: XenServer provisioning module for VCL

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
That's great.

--
Aaron Peeler
Program Manager

Re: XenServer provisioning module for VCL

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu