Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christopher Condit <co...@sdsc.edu> on 2011/10/07 02:13:35 UTC

solrj with multiple cores

I have a Solr 3.4 installation with many cores. Is there a way to use
a single SolrServer instance across my requests or is the best
practice to create a separate SolrServer instance for each core?

It looks as though the option to specify a core for a SolrServer was removed:

-Chris

Re: solrj with multiple cores

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
a per-core SolrServer object is needed.  it's lightweight, so should be fine.

	Erik