Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Mischo <jm...@quagility.com> on 2009/11/20 04:00:20 UTC

Re: overriding directories from command line (was: 2 problems running Cassandra as a developper)

+10 on moving to YAML for config files, as it's FAR more legible

Posted by Ted Zlatanov <tz...@lifelogs.com>.
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:00:20 -0600 Jonathan Mischo <jm...@quagility.com> wrote:

JM> On Nov 16, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:

>> I'd rather move away from XML entirely to something like
>> http://jyaml.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html personally.

JM> +10 on moving to YAML for config files, as it's FAR more legible

I'd rather not worry about the format.  This is why I suggest the
Apache Commons Configuration classes, which can be easily adapted to
support YAML or whatever format (or a JDBC read, etc.) in a uniform
way.

Ted