Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ramprasad <ra...@netcore.co.in> on 2006/04/21 13:49:20 UTC

How to tackle FPs with RCVD_IN_*

Hi,
 I am using SA 3.1.0 ( + many SARE rulesetes ) for my Antispam cluster
of machines.  We get a huge traffic and by and large the solution works
fine. Only problem is when legitimate senders use dialups etc. Their
source IPs get listed in a lot of BL's and in effect their mails get
marked spam.

  I assume , this would not be a unique problem to my case. What do
others use to tackle these FP's. I have already reduced scores of some
BL's but now I risk letting some spams thru.

THanks
Ram

Re: How to tackle FPs with RCVD_IN_*

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
Ramprasad wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am using SA 3.1.0 ( + many SARE rulesetes ) for my Antispam cluster
> of machines.  We get a huge traffic and by and large the solution works
> fine. Only problem is when legitimate senders use dialups etc. Their
> source IPs get listed in a lot of BL's and in effect their mails get
> marked spam.

This should not happen unless the legitimate senders DIRECTLY deliver to
you network from a dialup.

If this happens for mail that has been relayed through a dialup ISPs
mailserver, check your trusted_networks setting.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath