Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by 小林 美佳子 <ko...@intec.co.jp> on 2021/05/12 09:07:25 UTC

How to use an IP address not rfc1918 compliant for SuperCIDR in VPC

Hi

I am using CloudStack 4.14.
I want to use a non-rfc1918 compliant IP address (25.xx.xx.xx) for the SuperCIDR of my VPC.
I tried to create a VPC with a SuserCIDR of 25.xx.xx.xx, but it failed with the error "Guest Cidr 25.xx.xx.xx/24 is not RFC1918 compliant".
Is it possible to allow addresses other than rfc1918 for the VPC SuperCIDR? I checked the Global Settings and could not find any such setting.

Re: How to use an IP address not rfc1918 compliant for SuperCIDR in VPC

Posted by Alireza Eskandari <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi
No, you can not configure it. It is hardcoded:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/6b9f3fb5015c29bbfaee0b08220174541ce40ab0/utils/src/main/java/com/cloud/utils/net/NetUtils.java#L1087

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi ,
What is your use case for using non-rfc1918 addresses inside a VPC?  Given that the VPC will NAT those IPs to one from the Zone's public range I can't really see why'd you want to use public IPs there.

Regards
Alex