Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/28 13:56:16 UTC

FlexJS focus

Next issue:

There’s nothing dealing with focus in FlexJS. Both Flash and HTML have methods to facilitate focus, namely Stage.focus on the Flash side and HTMLElement.focus() and HTMLElement.blur() on the JS side.[1]

I assume the answer on how to implement this will again be a bead, but should there be a bead that only handles focus, or should it be more generalized?

[1]https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/API/HTMLElement/focus

Re: FlexJS focus

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 7/28/16, 6:56 AM, "Harbs" <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Next issue:
>
>There’s nothing dealing with focus in FlexJS. Both Flash and HTML have
>methods to facilitate focus, namely Stage.focus on the Flash side and
>HTMLElement.focus() and HTMLElement.blur() on the JS side.[1]
>
>I assume the answer on how to implement this will again be a bead, but
>should there be a bead that only handles focus, or should it be more
>generalized?
>
>[1]https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/API/HTMLElement/focus

Since focus() and blur() are on the JS HTMLElement, then I'd say it is ok
to add to the base classes.  I'm on the fence as to whether to call it
blur() or not.

Longer term, my guess was also that there would be a variety of
FocusManager beads to choose from.  AFAIK, many apps won't need anything.
There might be some management needed depending on how you do your popup
dialogs.

-Alex