Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/09/17 12:49:24 UTC

any plan to support "replace" function?

hi experts

recently we need to enable "replace" function for our customer, like
replacing all the X with Y in "123X456X". According to
https://calcite.apache.org/docs/reference.html the replace function seems
not implemented. I see there's another function called "OVERLAY", however
it's replacing with "index" instead of a "pattern".

Is there any plans to support replace function? Do I have to implement a
UDF by myself now?​

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*

Re: any plan to support "replace" function?

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks Julian, it's really helpful. Just want to make sure there's no
duplicated efforts.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-420 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-420>