Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 12:52:54 UTC

Rename "limited" permission to "drafter", "Members" menu item to "Co-Bloggers"?

Team, we have three permission rights when we invite someone to join a
blog: admin (becomes a co-owner of blog, can do anything including
delete the blog), author (can publish blog entries and moderate
comments, but not alter the blog's design), and "limited" (can save as
draft blog articles but can't publish them -- someone else has to review
the draft and then publish.)  I'm wondering if we should rename
"limited" to "drafter".  Although "drafter" as a person who writes
drafts is not a common usage of this term, the access rights that
"drafter" provides is clearer than "limited" and doesn't have as much a
negative connotation to an employee assigned this role that "limited" has.

This is just a GUI change, the internal codes saved to the database in
roller_permissions (admin, post, edit_draft) will remain the same.

Also, the menu item "Members" on our Preferences Tab (which contains
Settings | Members | Pings | Maintenance), which contains the list of
people authorized to work on the blog along with their roles, I'm
inclined to rename to a more active-sounding "Co-Bloggers"--or is that
too informal?  WDYT?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Rename "limited" permission to "drafter", "Members" menu item to "Co-Bloggers"?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'll keep them as-is.

Glen

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.