Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/07 15:54:22 UTC

Which version for ServiceMix 4 Runtime ?

In order to release something based on the ServiceMix 4 Runtime and after
having reorganized the svn repo, I will start removing snapshots wherever
possible.  But i was wondering what would this release be called.
Should it be alpha, beta, milestone ? Should the version be 0.x, 1.0 or 4.0?
If we plan to somehow move this bit as a subproject which is not tied to JBI
/ NMR per se, it would makes sense to restart from 1.0.
The full distribution (runtime + nmr + jbi container + camel + cxf +
activemq) could be still 4.0 I suppose.
I guess the downside if we keep 4.0 for the runtime is that we will have
different versions and that would be even more confusing imho to have a
runtime at version 4.0.1 and a jbi at version 4.1.0 bundled in a
distribution with another version number.

So I'm thinking we could release a ServiceMix Runtime 0.1 in the coming
weeks.
Thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Which version for ServiceMix 4 Runtime ?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Guillaume I don't mind a version restart since this is a different
product.  BTW we should change all the command line names and env
variables so that they don't conflict with servicemix 3.x

Regards,
Hiram

On Dec 7, 2007 9:54 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In order to release something based on the ServiceMix 4 Runtime and after
> having reorganized the svn repo, I will start removing snapshots wherever
> possible.  But i was wondering what would this release be called.
> Should it be alpha, beta, milestone ? Should the version be 0.x, 1.0 or 4.0?
> If we plan to somehow move this bit as a subproject which is not tied to JBI
> / NMR per se, it would makes sense to restart from 1.0.
> The full distribution (runtime + nmr + jbi container + camel + cxf +
> activemq) could be still 4.0 I suppose.
> I guess the downside if we keep 4.0 for the runtime is that we will have
> different versions and that would be even more confusing imho to have a
> runtime at version 4.0.1 and a jbi at version 4.1.0 bundled in a
> distribution with another version number.
>
> So I'm thinking we could release a ServiceMix Runtime 0.1 in the coming
> weeks.
> Thoughts ?
>
> --
> Cheers,