Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by klim klim <kl...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/03 21:03:34 UTC

Ontonet issue: uploading custom ontology via web-interface

Hi all,
is there current documentation available on Stanbol?

env:
Stanbol cloned from github (last commit on Oct 29,74887050f761bbfb52ef8e6cd00321f5e56efebf), built w/ tests successfully)
Centos 6.5

So, the issue:
Uploading my custom ontology into ontonet.

1) I tried to upload via web-interface 12Mb owl file in turtle format, I got the following:
HTTP ERROR: 400

Problem accessing /ontonet. Reason:

    Bad Request

Powered by Jetty://

2) I created a scope test_scope and went to the page http://../ontonet/ontology/test_scope <http://../ontonet/ontology/test_scope>,
and tried to upload the onto file (Load ontology tab -> From a local file) - and the result is the same HTTP ERROR 400;

3) I did the same as in 2) but for session and I linked the session to the ’test_scope'. Here we go http://../ontonet/session/test_session <http://../ontonet/session/test_session>,
I got the same.

4) I restarted Stanbol w/ -no-security flag and got the same results for each case (upload from /ontonet, from /ontonet/ontology/test_scope and /ontonet/session/test_session providing ‘Input format’ as turtle), but again with No luck.

——
 I looked for the solution on the internet and found https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stanbol-dev/201507.mbox/%3C55BB50B6.5010606@open.ac.uk%3E <https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stanbol-dev/201507.mbox/%3C55BB50B6.5010606@open.ac.uk%3E>

are there any possible ways to do it from web-interface? I need to teach non-technical users to do it.

Also, wrt to the solution provided by Alessandro in the mentioned thread  “Re: Load ontology to scope -- does not work”, I didn’t manage to adapt it to my case. Can somebody, please, show me the most up-to-date documentation or give me a workable example of uploading local file as ontology?

I will really appreciate. thank you for your time

Yauhen

Re: Ontonet issue: uploading custom ontology via web-interface

Posted by Yauhen Klimovich <kl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,
thank you for the response,
I’m happy you are back!

so, as you said, the following works:
----
1) Load onto:
curl -u admin:admin -X POST -F "url=http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.org/cp/owl/agentrole.owl" http://locahostt:9999/ontonet
2) create scope:
curl -u admin:admin -X PUT http://locahostt:9999/ontonet/ontology/test_scope2
3) load onto to created scope
curl -u admin:admin -X POST -H "Content-type: text/plain" -d "http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.org/cp/owl/agentrole.owl” http://locahost:9999/ontonet/ontology/test_scope2 <http://locahost:9999/ontonet/ontology/test_scope2>
----

So, what I’ve found:
2) seems rdf/xml works only, no other formats, but it’s better to check again on another env.

And finally, after a lot of tries I managed to load my onto from local file.
After creating a scope, I’ve loaded mine onto.owl in rdf format via the following command (I use port 9999 for stanbol), having scope ‘ronto’ created:

curl -X POST -F file=“@onto.owl" -F format=application/rdf+xml "http://localhost:9999/ontonet/ontology/ronto" -u “admin"

ok, nice, But

(screenshot is attached) The next issue is how to register my onto as a TripleCollection to be able to query it via sparql endpoint. References from this page are really lacking of resourceful information.

Again, it would be really nice to have an example that works.

thank you Alessandro, stanbol developers

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <al...@open.ac.uk>.
Hi Yahuen,