Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/06/03 17:44:07 UTC

RE: [ANN] New Jamailet version available

> 1) The SenderHostIs matcher has been removed as now it's
> part of the James standard distribution

Just to be clear, the SenderHostIs matcher in James was submitted by Chris
Means
(http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-user@jakarta.ap
ache.org&msgId=480127).  I did not take your SenderHostIs matcher and move
it into James.  That would have been, at best, impolite.  Also, according to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jamailet/ your code is under either GPL or
LGPL, which is not compatible with the ASF License
(http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Licensing).

Keep up the good work.  I just wanted to make sure that it clear that James
doesn't have code from your Jamailet package.

When you get a chance, would you please take a look at v2.2.0a3, and try
repackaging Jamailet using the new classloader functionality?  See:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?James/CustomMailetPackages.

	--- Noel

RE: [ANN] New Jamailet version available

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I hadn't a look to the new functionalities, but if I could simply copy my
> jar under apps/james/SAR-INF/lib to make it work, then it will be better.

That is my understanding from Danny.  You just put your jars in SAR-INF/lib,
along with your package statement in config.xml.

	--- Noel

Re: [ANN] New Jamailet version available

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
Actually, I'm already using Jamailet 2.2.0a3 and have already re-deployed
Jamailet under it, but without using the new classloader functionality. The
fact is that the framework should stay in the phoenix/lib folder; at
present, I'm deploying the jar with the Matchers/Mailets to james.sar by
unzipping, adding jamailet jar, and re-zipping the whole into james.sar.

I hadn't a look to the new functionalities, but if I could simply copy my
jar under apps/james/SAR-INF/lib to make it work, then it will be better.

Cheerse,

Marco