Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by rab ra <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 07:41:10 UTC

Cannot initialize cluser issue - Why jobclient-tests jar is needed?

Hello

In one of my use case, i am running a hadoop job using the following command

java -cp /etc/hadoop/conf <myjob>.class

This command gave some error that

"cannot initialize cluster. please check the configuration for
mapreduce.framework.name and the correspond server address"

i understand that i need to specify the hadoop jars in the classpath.
Running the command 'hadoop classpath' and putting the output into
classpath did work. However, I wanted to narrow down to the exact jars that
are needed. So,  started putting each and every jar in the classpath and
finally figured out the jar files that are actually needed.

hadoop-yarn-client-2.6.0.jar
hadoop-mapreducec-client-common-2.6.0.jar
hadoop-mapreduce-client-core-2.6.0.jar
hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.6.0.jar
hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.6.0-tests.jar

However, i expected only jobclient-2.6.0.jar should be enough but that is
not the case and i also needed to include jobclient-tests.jar as well. Can
someone throw light in this? Why would the tests jar is needed?

regards
Balachandar