Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Giulio Troccoli <gi...@troccoli.it> on 2006/10/03 00:57:49 UTC

Getting rid of sendmail

Hi, I have browsed the archive and I have actually found some threads
regardin my problem, but all the links they refer to are wrong.

So, I have been using James as a POP3 server for few years and I am very
happy with it. I am now "improving" my website and this include writing
scripts to automatically send emails. At the moment I use "mail" which in
turns use "sendmail". So, at the moment, I'm basically using James for POP3
and sendmail for SMTP. However James is listening on port 25, and I telnet
to port 25 I can send emails, so James is indeed warking as SMTP.

My problem is, how can I use James in a script? Changin mail to use James or
use James directly it doesn't matter to me. I just want to get rid of
sendmail and use James only.

Thanks

Re: Getting rid of sendmail

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
On 04/10/06, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:

> I just moved it in the source trees.
> It will be updated the next time we publish the website!

Thanks Stefano.

d.

Re: Getting rid of sendmail

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Danny Angus wrote:
> This document was actually a detailed FAQ answer, I might move it
> back, it doesn't change with the versions.

I just moved it in the source trees.
It will be updated the next time we publish the website!

Thank you again,
Stefano

Re: Getting rid of sendmail

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.