Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/09/14 10:24:22 UTC

FW: configuration of mod_jk and tomcat-4.0

Forwarded to tomcat-dev !!!

Re: FW: configuration of mod_jk and tomcat-4.0

Posted by Jesse Farley <un...@austin.rr.com>.
> The only thing that is Tomcat-4-specific is the <Connector> entry, which
> is documented in "jk/README.txt" in the jakarta-tomcat-connectors
> repository.  All of the configuration files for JK are, AFAIK, the same as
> for using it with Tomcat 3.x.

Ahh yes -- open mouth -- insert crack pipe --

Of course, after posting almost my entire config, I manage to leave out
the
critical detail... I was attempting to configure the ajp connector
in the mod_webapp ``section''.

Works like a charm now -- thanks.

> > They don't seem to be in the  jakarta-tomcat-connectors CVS repository, nor
> > could I find
> > them from the latest-and-greatest documentation for tomcat.
> >

> Contributions gratefully accepted :-).

I'd be more than happy to contribute -- I assume you're referring to
documentation -- I'd certainly be to contribute code, but I'm
still dusting off some synapses, and I do try to sleep on
occasion...

Is there a primary contact for submission of such things?

Again, thank you.
--
Jesse Farley
unixphreek@austin.rr.com (home)

Re: FW: configuration of mod_jk and tomcat-4.0

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Jesse Farley wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:14:15 -0500
> From: Jesse Farley <un...@austin.rr.com>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Cc: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: FW: configuration of mod_jk and tomcat-4.0
>

> There are documents for using tomcat-4.0 with mod_jk?
> Those would be very useful.

The only thing that is Tomcat-4-specific is the <Connector> entry, which
is documented in "jk/README.txt" in the jakarta-tomcat-connectors
repository.  All of the configuration files for JK are, AFAIK, the same as
for using it with Tomcat 3.x.

> They don't seem to be in the  jakarta-tomcat-connectors CVS repository, nor
> could I find
> them from the latest-and-greatest documentation for tomcat.

Contributions gratefully accepted :-).

> Incidentally, I have the ajp.jar compiled, and in
> ${CATALINA_HOME}/server/lib,
> (the tomcat-util.jar, as well), and I have the Connector configured to use
> org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector, but it is unclear what Engine to use
> (do I have to have an engine?).
> At any rate, pointers to the location of thse docs would be very useful
>   -- and thanks in advance.
> - Jesse Farley

Henri, JF, this goes inside the "Tomcat-Standalone" service, along with
the 8080 and 8443 connectors, right?  If so it will use the standard
<Engine> implementation.

You would use the WarpEngine (as the name implies) only when using the
WARP protocol, with mod_webapp.

Craig

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.