Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2005/04/21 00:08:54 UTC

Schedule for XML-RPC 2.0 Beta?!

Hi folks,

is there anything which stops us from releasing 2.0 Beta or RC1?!

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Schedule for XML-RPC 2.0 Beta?!

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 4/21/05, Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bugzilla :)

Be more specific, please. The fact that Bugzilla exists most possibly
doesn't prevent us from a release, or is it? :-)

> BTW, I'd like to make a little change, ie defined the maxThreads
> outside XMLRpc.java but in XmlRpcClient and XmlRpcServer since when
> you embbed a server and a client on the same JVM it's better to have
> them using their own settings

-0

I understand the issue, but to me, this should be a topic for a
general overhaul of the configuration system, which is (IMO) a real
mess. In other words, I'd favour this for 2.1. (See my proposal for
3.0, this point can very well be implemented in 2.x. However, it will
possibly have an impact on the API.)

Jochen

Inside of a dog, its too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)