Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/19 00:55:26 UTC

Does abdera-parser/1.1.3 need to import org.apache.james.mime4j?

I am new to abdera and have this basic dependency question.

I have a standalone program that happens to have dependency to
abdera-core and abdera-parser.

When I was trying to turn this program into its OSGi version, I
noticed abdera-parser is importing
org.apache.james.mime4j and org.apache.james.mime4j.stream.

As my standalone program is not using james, I am wondering if
abdera-parser could import james with resolution:=optional so that
those use-cases not using james can run without james.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Regards, Aki

Re: Does abdera-parser/1.1.3 need to import org.apache.james.mime4j?

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.
it was too early to pull out my question ;-(.

Now I explicitly excluded james from the transitive dependency in my
standalone program.
and it's still working fine and it looks like james is not used.

So, I would still like to ask my original question of whether we might
want to import james optionally in abdera-parser.

regards, aki

Posted by Aki Yoshida <el...@gmail.com>.