Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Youssef Hatem <yo...@rwth-aachen.de> on 2013/09/04 16:21:05 UTC

Thrift Compiler Support for UTF-8

I wrote some scripts to automate the process of compiling Thrift IDLs and put the generated classes in the correct locations of my Visual Studio C# project. I write the IDLs in Visual Studio and they are under its source control system.

The problem is that files generated by Visual Studio are in UTF-8 format. Trying to compile such files doesn't work since Thrift compiler doesn't support this format (I managed to convert the input file to ASCII (using a temporary file) before compiling it, but this approach will probably be very complicated if I use the "include" statement in the IDL).

Is there any work around for this problem?

The compiler version is 0.9.

Best regards,
Youssef Hatem

Re: Thrift Compiler Support for UTF-8

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Youssef,

Thanks for spotting this.
I would appreciate if you check out the patch and give some feedback:

Have fun,
JensG

Try to save the IDL file as UTF-8 without a BOM.

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.