Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by yanshaozhiGmail <ya...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/08 04:01:38 UTC

A mistake happen when I build sling

Hi :

    Today when I use the newest sling code to build sling. There is a mistake happened as follow.

[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
GroupId: org.apache.sling
ArtifactId: org.apache.sling.extensions.threaddump
Version: 0.1.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT

2009-01-08

yanjie

Re: A mistake happen when I build sling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yanjie

This is probably the same issue we discussed yesterday. It seems that on
some systems (seen on windows and mac osx) the maven reactor orders the
projects incorrectly. This causes the threaddump module to only be built
after the launchpad/app module. On linux systems the reactor seems to
order correctly and it works.

I am currently, as part of SLING-815 [1] rewriting the launchpad/app pom
such that the reactor is able to correctly order the builds. Then the
build should become stable again.

Sorry, again, for the inconvenience.

Regards
Felix

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-815

Posted by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com>.
work around is

cd /sling/extensions/threaddump

mvn clean install

that will build the jar file and it will install itself in your loacla M2 repository

after that

cheers

Ransford Segu-Baffoe

paksegu@yahoo.com