Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Thurs, Dean" <De...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2003/12/23 20:15:13 UTC

Problems changing from rc4 to rc5

I have recently switched from rc4 to rc5 and I am having problems
retrieving a collection of client groups from my class client (shown
below).  The class client-group uses an anonymous reference to the
client class but it appears that every time I try to retrieve the
client, it retrieves the client group, then the client groups class
retrieves the client and I enter into an infinite loop of retrieving
client, client group, client....

I am using the Persistence Broker API, and I have not changed my
repository-user.xml file from rc4.

<class-descriptor
   	  class="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.Client"
   	  table="DEXA010T"

      <field-descriptor
         name="id"
         column="CLIENT_ID"
         jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
         primarykey="true"
         autoincrement="false"
      />

      <field-descriptor
         name="wipStatusId"
         column="WIP_STATUS_ID"
         jdbc-type="INTEGER"
         access="anonymous"
      />
      <reference-descriptor name="wipStatus"
           class-ref="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.WipStatus">
      	<foreignkey field-ref="wipStatusId"/>
      </reference-descriptor>

	<collection-descriptor
      	name="clientGroups"

element-class-ref="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.ClientGroup"
      	auto-delete="true"

      		<inverse-foreignkey field-ref="clientId" />
      </collection-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

<class-descriptor
   	  class="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.ClientGroup"
   	  table="DEXA020T"

      <field-descriptor
         name="id"
         column="CLIENT_GROUP_ID"
         jdbc-type="INTEGER"
         primarykey="true"
         autoincrement="true"
         access="readonly"
      />

      <field-descriptor
         name="clientId"
         column="CLIENT_ID"
         jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
         access="anonymous"
      />
      <reference-descriptor name="client"
class-ref="com.lmig.pm.affinity.model.client.Client">
      	<foreignkey field-ref="clientId"/>
      </reference-descriptor>

</class-descriptor>

If anyone has any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong please let
me know.

Thanks

Dean