Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Merrill, Greg" <gm...@onenetwork.com.INVALID> on 2021/06/02 16:29:26 UTC

[COMPRESS] release plan for commons-compress 1.21?

Hello - I'm inquiring to see if there is any planned upcoming release of commons-compress 1.21?

To elaborate, I have a project uses commons-compress 1.20.  But there are some security-related vulnerabilities in 1.20 reported by JFrog X-Ray, mostly coming from findings by the "oss-fuzz" project.  These have actually been fixed in the commons-compress git repo already, but are not yet released.

I'm trying to find out if there is any plan to release 1.21 in the near- to mid-term, or if I should build my own commons-compress snapshot release if I need those fixes.  Appreciate any guidance you might have.

Here are the specific fixes in question:

  *   https://github.com/apache/commons-compress/commit/26924e96c7730db014c310757e11c9359db07f3e
  *   https://github.com/apache/commons-compress/commit/882c6dd12473d7b615d503e08fd6b866d0f866d5
  *   https://github.com/apache/commons-compress/commit/d15c285941351958a902265aeacdc151fa98c127

Thanks,
Greg Merrill
Platform Architect,  One Network Enterprises
gmerrill@onenetwork.com
office: (972) 455-3514    cell: (214) 450-8239

This document contains ONE Network Enterprises Proprietary and Confidential Business Information and is intended solely for the use and information of the person and/or company to whom it is addressed.  It may not be duplicated or published without the written consent of One Network.

Re: [COMPRESS] release plan for commons-compress 1.21?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi
I would be interested as well by a release including those commits (with
this one as well
https://github.com/apache/commons-compress/commit/51265b23722d9ce2262d68979ce7dbb79b94f430
)
Technically I'm still PMC, I can volunteer but you have to point me in the
right procedure.
Thanks
Olivier

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: [COMPRESS] release plan for commons-compress 1.21?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.