Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Wilson <an...@tees.elsevier.co.uk> on 1995/12/18 17:02:32 UTC

64.auth_type

> 64.auth_type wasn't accepted; it wasn't voted on. This is a
> significant bug which makes Apache look bad; can folks _please_ vote on it?
>
>  David

What is the question?  +1 for 64.auth_type to go into 1.0.1, or +1 for
64.auth_type to go into 1.1.0b1?

In the mean time people please let me know what you think of 1.0.1 as is.
Does it need the false-votes stripped out?  If so, then I'm happy to rebuild
it 'at my own expense', as it were. ;)

On another topic.

The concern that the latest *stable* (non-beta) release is functionally
complete is going to lead us down the path of constantly retreading
1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 for every desirable but non-critical patch that
comes along...

	[64.auth_type may be fixing *really* broken behaviour, I'm not
	leveling the observation at this specific patch]

...it's clearly a grey area about which David and I disagree; I'm quite
happy to be re-educated, it's just a little confusing at the moment.

Ay.