Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ba...@telenor.com on 2014/10/03 10:25:11 UTC

RE: tomcat crash problem (INTERNAL)

Hi Ognjen,

Tomcat is crashing with the below error message.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

This problem is occurring in our production environment so as a workaround we are restarting tomcat two times in the business hours. Due to these restarts tomcat is not crashing.

Here am attached some GC logs.

Regards,
Subbu.

Posted by Yogesh Rao <yo...@gmail.com>.
Subbu,

You either could analyse the applications heap usage as ognjen suggested or
If possible try deploying the application with the latest release of tomcat
6 (6.0.41) . There could have been patches released which could have fixed
the issue.

Regards,
-Yogesh

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.