Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Felipe Azambuja <fe...@whiteduck.com.br> on 1998/07/21 21:58:28 UTC

general/2655: VirtualHost with only one IP

>Number:         2655
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       VirtualHost with only one IP
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have a Linux machine running Apache 1.3.0, RPM upgraded from 1.2.6. I've mirrored TUCOWS in this machine, and I configured it this way:
named -> tucows.whiteduck.com.br is a CNAME to linux.whiteduck.com.br
In Apache 1.2.6, it was configured with VirtualHost, working perfectly. I could use www2 (another CNAME to linux) and tucows separatedly, no problems with that.
After I upgraded Apache to 1.3.0, www2 is conflicting with tucows. After I saw this problem, I looked in Apache's manual. Reading it, I discovered that I need to add a new line, NameVirtualHost. Adding it or not, I can access www2, linux and tucows.whiteduck.com.br, and Apache will show only the TUCOWS mirror, logging everything in tucows_access_log and tucows_error_log.
I've tried everything I could think, but I still couldn't make it work 100%.
>How-To-Repeat:
tucows.whiteduck.com.br, linux.whiteduck.com.br, www2.whiteduck.com.br all lead to what should appear only in tucows.whiteduck.com.br
>Fix:
VirtualHost should work exactly as before, in Apache 1.2.6