Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch> on 2005/06/16 16:28:44 UTC

Auth data not saved when locking files

Hi,

A TSVN user reported that the authentication wasn't stored when he was
locking files. Since I couldn't find a reason for this in the code, I
tried the CL client, and the CL client doesn't store the auth info either.

Steps to reproduce:

- have a wc checked out from a http server (haven't checked other server
types)
- make sure you have to authenticate (otherwise it won't make any sense)
- also check the config file that 'store-auth-creds' is commented
- go to the wc
- do an 'svn lock filename'
- enter the auth data (username/password)
- do again an 'svn lock filename'
- Subversion asks for the auth data again.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

Re: Auth data not saved when locking files

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 15:23 -0500, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
>SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch> writes:

>> >                                                           ^^^^^^^^^
>> > "commented" or "uncommented"?  Can you just show us the exact contents
>> > of the file?
>>
>> I mean commented out, i.e. not set to 'yes'. If it was set, then it
>> wouldn't be a bug that Subversion doesn't store the auth data ;)
>> My config file is unchanged, i.e. like if you delete it and the CL
>> client creates it again.

>Okay, this sounds like a bug, then -- thanks.  Want to file?

Are we perhaps not calling svn_ra_dav__maybe_store_auth_info somewhere
in libsvn_ra_dav where we should be?

commit.c:1479:  SVN_ERR( svn_ra_dav__maybe_store_auth_info(cc->ras) );
fetch.c:1087:  SVN_ERR( svn_ra_dav__maybe_store_auth_info(ras) );
fetch.c:2890:  SVN_ERR( svn_ra_dav__maybe_store_auth_info (rb->ras) );
util.c:885:svn_ra_dav__maybe_store_auth_info(svn_ra_dav__session_t *ras)

Re: Auth data not saved when locking files

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Ping!  (I don't see a follow-up.)

> SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch> writes:

>>>                                                          ^^^^^^^^^
>>>"commented" or "uncommented"?  Can you just show us the exact contents
>>>of the file?
>>
>>I mean commented out, i.e. not set to 'yes'. If it was set, then it
>>wouldn't be a bug that Subversion doesn't store the auth data ;)
>>My config file is unchanged, i.e. like if you delete it and the CL
>>client creates it again.

I'm not familiar with this, but it sounds like this argument is backwards.  If
"store_auth_creds" was set, then I would think it _would_ be a bug if
Subversion doesn't store the auth data.  If "store-auth-creds" is commented
out, and the default is "no" (I haven't checked that it is), then I would not
expect it to store them and so I would expect it to ask for them again.

It asks again because you haven't told it to store the auth data ... or have I
missed something?

kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Okay, this sounds like a bug, then -- thanks.  Want to file?

- Julian

Re: Auth data not saved when locking files

Posted by kf...@collab.net.

Posted by SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch>.

SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch> writes:
> A TSVN user reported that the authentication wasn't stored when he was
> locking files. Since I couldn't find a reason for this in the code, I
> tried the CL client, and the CL client doesn't store the auth info
> either.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> - have a wc checked out from a http server (haven't checked other
> server types)
> - make sure you have to authenticate (otherwise it won't make any sense)
> - also check the config file that 'store-auth-creds' is commented
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^
"commented" or "uncommented"?  Can you just show us the exact contents
of the file?

> - go to the wc
> - do an 'svn lock filename'
> - enter the auth data (username/password)
> - do again an 'svn lock filename'
> - Subversion asks for the auth data again.

Thanks,
-Karl