Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ahmed Musallam <at...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/22 01:11:23 UTC

How to add solr admin ui

Hi,

I'd like to build a UI plugin for solr, I can see all the ui related assets
in `/server/solr-webapp` but is there a way to add UI plugins without
modifying the ui assets under `/server/solr-webapp`?

by plugin, I mean some way I can add a some form of UI to the admin UI, and
even better, make is specific to a certain core.

any tutorials or documentation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Ahmed

Re: How to add solr admin ui

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/21/2018 7:11 PM, Ahmed Musallam wrote:
> I'd like to build a UI plugin for solr, I can see all the ui related assets
> in `/server/solr-webapp` but is there a way to add UI plugins without
> modifying the ui assets under `/server/solr-webapp`?
>
> by plugin, I mean some way I can add a some form of UI to the admin UI, and
> even better, make is specific to a certain core.
>
> any tutorials or documentation would be greatly appreciated!

The admin UI is composed of static assets.  When a user accesses it,
they download html, css, images, and javascript to their browser.  The
"smarts" of the admin UI is in the javascript, which runs in the
browser, making requests to Solr's API to gather information.

Anything you add will need to be similar.  You can create custom
handlers that become part of Solr's API and get accessed by your javascript.

In the 1.x and 3.x versions, the admin UI was JSP, and really didn't
have the ability to DO anything.  It was almost entirely informational.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: How to add solr admin ui

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi Ahmed,
I am not aware of some extension point in UI, but you can maybe use some combination of request handler and velocity response writer to get what you want, but you will not have some link in UI.

Emir