Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 07:45:48 UTC

Re: Nice Ajax effects on a blog

On 12/27/06, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/23/06, Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> http://hasan.we4tech.com/you-wont-believe-this-but-the-arrow-operator-is-coming-to-java-7
> >
> > It'd be pretty cool to create a theme for Roller that incorporates
> > Ajax effects for navigating dates, as well as comments.  I dig what
> > this guy has done.  Now that there's some inspiration, maybe I'll try
> > creating a Roller theme that incorporates these effects.  The question
> > is - do you think it's possible to use something like DWR to talk to
> > some backend classes that handle the PageModel and such?
>
> You wouldn't want JavaScript code in the client to be calling the
> backend managers directly, but I'm not sure calling the model classes
> is the right way to go either.
>
> For AJAX effects, I'd rather see bloggers creating page templates that
> use the page model classes to generate XML or JSON for use in Dojo or
> Scriptalicious on the client side.

Is there any documentation on how I might go about doing this?

Thanks,

Matt

- Dave

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: Nice Ajax effects on a blog

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 1/4/07, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > For AJAX effects, I'd rather see bloggers creating page templates that
> > > use the page model classes to generate XML or JSON for use in Dojo or
> > > Scriptalicious on the client side.
> >
> > Is there any documentation on how I might go about doing this?
>
> Not yet. What do you think would be some good examples to implement for docs?

I think there's only a few things you'd need to do:

1. Grab the contents of a single entry.
2. Grab the contents of multiple entries (for example, by date, all on
front page, etc)
3. Grab the comments for an entry.

Matt

--