Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2007/05/03 07:33:27 UTC

Maven 2 pom artifactId values

I propose that we prefix the current artifactId values in the maven 2
POMs with "torque-" so that instead of having a jar called
"runtime-3.3.jar we end up with "torque-runtime-3.3.jar".

Any objections?

Scott

RE: Maven 2 pom artifactId values

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
"Greg Monroe" <Gr...@DukeCE.com> schrieb am 03.05.2007 17:09:31:

> Not being a Maven 2 user, I'm not sure how to evaluate
> this.  My main question here are:
>
> What effect would this have on existing Ant / Maven 1
> build processes?

It would not affect any maven1/ant stuff. It would only affect maven2 users
,and od them only those which are using the new group ids.

> If changing jar name formats requires some build file
> changes, I'm not sure this is something to change in
> a release candidate cycle.

It would require changes in the dependencies. However, thesw ould have to
bechanged anyway to get the new version.

   Thomas

RE: Maven 2 pom artifactId values

Posted by Greg Monroe <Gr...@DukeCE.com>.
Not being a Maven 2 user, I'm not sure how to evaluate
this.  My main question here are:

What effect would this have on existing Ant / Maven 1
build processes?

If changing jar name formats requires some build file
changes, I'm not sure this is something to change in
a release candidate cycle.

Greg

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email, its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Antwort: Re: Antwort: Maven 2 pom artifactId values

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
I'll do both on Saturday, unless Scott is faster. Some fixes to the maven2
plugin (DataSql task) are also necessary, I'll do iton Saturday too.

    Thomas

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I second.
>
> As we are at it, I'm not sure that choosing "org.apache.db.torque" as a
> package name was a good choice. "org.apache.torque" would have been better.
> I propose to change this too.
>
>     Thomas
>
> Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> schrieb am 03.05.2007 07:33:27:
>
>> I propose that we prefix the current artifactId values in the maven 2
>> POMs with "torque-" so that instead of having a jar called
>> "runtime-3.3.jar we end up with "torque-runtime-3.3.jar".
>>
>> Any objections?
>>
>> Scott

+1 on both proposals

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Antwort: Maven 2 pom artifactId values

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I second.
>
> As we are at it, I'm not sure that choosing "org.apache.db.torque" as a
> package name was a good choice. "org.apache.torque" would have been better.
> I propose to change this too.

+1

Scott

Antwort: Maven 2 pom artifactId values