Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> on 2013/08/04 00:06:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Upgrading owncloud to 2.4

I'm struggling with conflicting patches to get owncloud working with apache2.4

The existing rewrite setup I know needs reworking but I'm not competent enough
to sort it out.

> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
> RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta [QSA,L]
> RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta.json /public.php?service=host-meta-json [QSA,L]
> RewriteRule ^.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav/ [R]
> RewriteRule ^.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav/ [R]
> RewriteRule ^apps/calendar/caldav.php remote.php/caldav/ [QSA,L]
> RewriteRule ^apps/contacts/carddav.php remote.php/carddav/ [QSA,L]
> RewriteRule ^apps/([^/]*)/(.*\.(css|php))$ index.php?app=$1&getfile=$2 [QSA,L]
> RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
> </IfModule>

https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/.htaccess
is the full file.

I think I'm getting a valid match in the log file, but nothing is appearing in
the access log ... Any ideas how to rework this please?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading owncloud to 2.4

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
You migrate away from STABLE Apache 2.2.x when you have successfully
*tested* your app resources on 2.4.x ELSE you don't disturb those
UNTIL you *learn* the new paradigm.

Good luck!

Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading owncloud to 2.4

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
> Hopefully the people who developed
> these changes in the rules can spot what has gone wrong? Those of us who are
> trying to implement the changes need that expert input hence asking here!

Nobody other than an "owncloud" expert could possibly help here based
on the writeup.

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading owncloud to 2.4

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
[...]

Best Professional Regards

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> Jose R R wrote:
>>
>> You may find additional helpl here: http://forum.owncloud.org/
>> as suggested by:
>> https://twitter.com/ownClouders/status/364051486671507456
>

> THOSE are the various patches that simply don't work!
> There have been various fixes for 'go daddy' which has apparently simply
> switched from 2.2 to 2.4 without actually telling anyone! I've dropped 2.2
> onto a new machine simply to get a working address book again, but what is
> needed is some help from people who actually understand what is needed to
> migrate the 2.2 re-writes to the newer 2.4 format ... PLEASE!
>

>> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
>>>

>>> I'm struggling with conflicting patches to get owncloud working with
>>> apache2.4
>>>
>>> The existing rewrite setup I know needs reworking but I'm not competent
>>> enough to sort it out.

>>> https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/.htaccess
>>> is the full file.
>>>
>>> I think I'm getting a valid match in the log file, but nothing is
>>> appearing in the access log ... Any ideas how to rework this please?
>

> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com

Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading owncloud to 2.4

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
You may find additional helpl here: http://forum.owncloud.org/

as suggested by:

https://twitter.com/ownClouders/status/364051486671507456

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm struggling with conflicting patches to get owncloud working with apache2.4
>
> The existing rewrite setup I know needs reworking but I'm not competent enough to sort it out.
>
>> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>> RewriteEngine on
>> RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
>> RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta [QSA,L]
>> RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta.json /public.php?service=host-meta-json [QSA,L]
>> RewriteRule ^.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav/ [R]
>> RewriteRule ^.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav/ [R]
>> RewriteRule ^apps/calendar/caldav.php remote.php/caldav/ [QSA,L]
>> RewriteRule ^apps/contacts/carddav.php remote.php/carddav/ [QSA,L]
>> RewriteRule ^apps/([^/]*)/(.*\.(css|php))$ index.php?app=$1&getfile=$2 [QSA,L]
>> RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
>> </IfModule>
>

> https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/.htaccess
> is the full file.
>
> I think I'm getting a valid match in the log file, but nothing is appearing in the access log ... Any ideas how to rework this please?
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com