Posted to commits@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/07/18 09:18:43 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "WhyChain" by MichaelJouravlev

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by MichaelJouravlev:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/WhyChain

The comment on the change is:
Updated Struts Chain diagram

  The refactoring of the request processor is a proof-of-concept for CoR. The request processing gauntlet is the "business logic" of the Struts framework. It's also a hoary example of some very nasty business logic. IMHO, if we can do the Struts request processor in CoR, we can do anything in CoR

- inline:struts13rp.gif
+ inline:struts_chain.gif

  Yes, Struts Chain is a challenging application for CoR, and the implementation is not as slick as we might like. But, challenge is a good thing. And, I'm sure as more of us gain experience using CoR in other contexts, we'll devise more elegant solutions. The great thing about CoR is that it's easy to refactor.

  I'm using CoR in my own applications, and it's working quite well. I hope to start reapplying some of that experience to Struts Chain, and I'm sure others will too.
-
- inline:struts13rp2.gif

  ----