Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Scott McMasters <sc...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/02 14:42:54 UTC

[Trinidad] tr:selectOneChoice value change ppr

Hello, all,

I have a page with two JSF forms in it:  one only has a commandLink in
a menu facelet, and the other has a form for inserting data.  I use
the commandLink to call a managed bean method for prepping the form in
the previous page, such as loading lists into tr:selectOneChoice's.

In the form, I have several tr:selectOneChoice's, and the list in one
depend on what the user selects in another.  Of course, I use ppr for
this.  The problem is that when I change the value, the entire page
tries to reload.

Before I had an alternative way to prep the insert form, using Shale,
but it doesn't play nice with Trinidad either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Scott McMasters

Re: [Trinidad] tr:selectOneChoice value change ppr

Posted by Scott McMasters <sc...@gmail.com>.
This doesn't make sense because this is in the FAQ:

2.1. Can I use standard Faces or MyFaces Tomahawk tags with Apache Trinidad?

Yes; standard Faces tags and Tomahawk tags can be used with MyFaces
Trinidad. You can even use <h:form> instead of <tr:form> without
losing any MyFaces Trinidad functionality.

Shouldn't this be deleted in the FAQ and the developer's guide be
explicit about this problem?

Scott McMasters

Posted by Scott McMasters <sc...@gmail.com>.