Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/07 16:55:10 UTC

proxy_fcgi SCRIPT_FILENAME/PATH_INFO

For discussion purposes:

  http://people.apache.org/~covener/patches/fcgi-vars.diff

This does different fixups of r->filename (based on proxypass vs.
sethandler and new options for "calculating" path_info) before calling
the ap_add_* routines.

Lots of hokey stuff here. I am looking at the vars doing this:

egrep "sending env var '(SCRIPT_NAME|PATH_INFO|SCRIPT_FILENAME)'"
built/logs/error_log |tail -3

If you look at the AddHandler path only it's not too bad. We could
just sort out the balancer examples and call that preferred
configuarion if you're ending to something that cares about
SCRIPT_FILENAME or PATH_INFO.

We could also throw a fcgi-specific directive in front of
AddHandler/SetHandler style config to hide some of the boilerplate
stuff -- so the config file syntax isn't dictated by how the code will
look at the final string (e.g. no http://localhost/ for UDS in
config).

--
Eric Covener