Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/16 23:37:07 UTC

another proxied question from irc, about machine specs

15:59 < userX> Hey, is there a recommended system specs for a server
running nifi -- I am going to our sys admin to get a server virtualized, I
need some specs going in to request.  I can't seem to find anything hard in
the documentation

Re: another proxied question from irc, about machine specs

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

So the admittedly lame response is that we don't provide much there
yet because generally we are very flexible.  Consider two vcpu, 4-8GB
ram, two disk partitions of say 100-200GB as a small/simple install.

If you want to push higher volumes perhaps the next step up is say 4
vcpu, 16GB ram (for caching - keep the heap around 4-8GB), and 3
partitions of around 200-500GB depending on your goals.

We absolutely need to get more docs around this to help too.  But feel
free to start simple, ask questions about your use case, and we can
help.

Thanks
Joe