Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/09 10:28:53 UTC

regarding custom msg

hello
We are sending custom message across producer and consumer. But
getting class cast exception . This is working fine with String
message and string encoder.
But this did not work with custom message , i got class cast
exception. I have a message with couple of String attributes

Re: regarding custom msg

Posted by Gaurav Agarwal <ga...@gmail.com>.
sorry for the late reply

while sending the message i serialize the message and send the same across
on topic . the message
private static class TestMessage implements Serializable{
private String time;
ublic String getTime() {
return time;
}

public void setTime(String time) {
this.time = time;
}
 But when i tried to consume message , am unable to consume message across
after these two lines
ConsumerConnector consumerConnector =
Consumer.createJavaConsumerConnector(messageProperties
.getConsumerConfig());
 Map<String, List<KafkaStream<byte[], byte[]>>> consumerStreams =
consumerConnector
.createMessageStreams(topicCountMap);
 Did not get any exception if use DefaultEncoder

Re: regarding custom msg

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ku...@nmsworks.co.in>.