Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by eshan sudharaka <es...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/02 13:58:36 UTC

error while installing archiva web module

i followed the admin guid o install he web module.finally i tried to up the
tomcat server and it gives me following errors.

1).  INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
   May 2, 2010 5:04:54 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig init
   SEVERE: Exception fixing docBase: {0}
  java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

 2)   May 2, 2010 5:04:54 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
resourcesStart
    SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid or unreadable WAR file :
/home/sudharaka/installations/apache-tomcat-
6.0.16/archiva/apache-archiva-1.1.war

can some body help me to fix this.

thank you.

Re: error while installing archiva web module

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM, eshan sudharaka <es...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> i followed the admin guid o install he web module.finally i tried to up
>> the
>> tomcat server and it gives me following errors.
>>
>> 1).  INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
>>   May 2, 2010 5:04:54 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig init
>>   SEVERE: Exception fixing docBase: {0}
>>  java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
>>        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>>

>>  2)   May 2, 2010 5:04:54 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
>> resourcesStart
>>    SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
>>   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid or unreadable WAR file :
>> /home/sudharaka/installations/apache-tomcat-
>> 6.0.16/archiva/apache-archiva-1.1.war
>>

> Do you have the correct war name and version configured in the context file
> (../conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml)?

It should be the filename and version of the war file you've copied in
<tomcat.home>/archiva/

-Deng

Re: error while installing archiva web module

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM, eshan sudharaka <es...@gmail.com>wrote:

> i followed the admin guid o install he web module.finally i tried to up the
> tomcat server and it gives me following errors.
>
> 1).  INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
>   May 2, 2010 5:04:54 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig init
>   SEVERE: Exception fixing docBase: {0}
>  java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
>        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>

>  2)   May 2, 2010 5:04:54 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
> resourcesStart
>    SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
>   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid or unreadable WAR file :
> /home/sudharaka/installations/apache-tomcat-
> 6.0.16/archiva/apache-archiva-1.1.war

Do you have the correct war name and version configured in the context file
(../conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml)?

Thanks,
Deng