Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jay Levitt <li...@shopwatch.org> on 2005/10/12 20:53:06 UTC

Can't use svn_load_dirs on trac?

I'm trying to create a vendor branch for the trunk version of trac.  In
order to get around any possible problems with top-level VirtualHosts OR
https, I created a new VirtualHost at http://svni.example.com, with /svn
as the Location.  I'm using Apache httpd-2.0.54 and subversion 1.2.3.

My svn_load_dirs command is:

svn_load_dirs http://svni.example.com/svn/sysadmin/vendor -t
trac/trac-2005-10-12 trac/current trac

The vendor directory already existed; trac and trac-current did not, but
were created after the tool verified that with me.

Everything goes smoothly until it tries to add the "targets":

Running /usr/local/bin/svn add -N --targets
/tmp/svn_load_dirs_xaYig1wPEz/targets.00001
svn: warning: 'doc' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'htdocs' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'cgi-bin' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'contrib' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'scripts' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac/web' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'htdocs/js' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'templates' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac/wiki' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'doc/README' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'htdocs/css' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac/db.py' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac/tests' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac/env.py' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac/log.py' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'trac/ticket' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'wiki-macros' is already under version control
svn: 'doc/.svn' is not a working copy
/usr/local/bin/svn_load_dirs: /usr/local/bin/svn add -N --targets
/tmp/svn_load_dirs_xaYig1wPEz/targets.00001 failed with this output:
A         README
A         THANKS
A         AUTHORS
A         COPYING
A         INSTALL
A         RELEASE
A         UPGRADE
A         setup.py
A         ChangeLog
A         MANIFEST.in
A         README.tracd

Can anyone help me figure out what might be wrong? This is my first time
using svn_load_dirs.

Jay Levitt

Re: Can't use svn_load_dirs on trac?

Posted by Jay Levitt <li...@shopwatch.org>.
Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2005, at 03:43, Jay Levitt wrote:
>
>> Gary Thomas wrote:

>>> Whenever I use this with an externally SVN supported project, I  get
>>> an exported tree (or prune the .svn directories) and use that  for
>>> svn_load_dirs. I think the .svn support is probably the source  of
>>> your pain.
>>>

>> Yep, that's exactly it - I did an "svn co" to get trac, instead of
>> "svn export", so all the existing .svn directories were confusing
>> it.  Thanks!
>>

> This is the second time I've seen the presence of .svn directories
> (or files!) confound someone's attempt to use svn_load_dirs. Sounds
> like it's time for someone to patch it so it alerts the user to this
> problem, and/or just ignores the .svn directories.

Good idea, and sounds simple enough for a newbie - I'll take it on.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Jay Levitt <li...@shopwatch.org>.
Gary Thomas wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 16:53 -0400, Jay Levitt wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to create a vendor branch for the trunk version of trac.  In
>>order to get around any possible problems with top-level VirtualHosts OR
>>https, I created a new VirtualHost at http://svni.example.com, with /svn
>>as the Location.  I'm using Apache httpd-2.0.54 and subversion 1.2.3.
>>
>>My svn_load_dirs command is:
>>
>>svn_load_dirs http://svni.example.com/svn/sysadmin/vendor -t
>>trac/trac-2005-10-12 trac/current trac
>>
>>The vendor directory already existed; trac and trac-current did not, but
>>were created after the tool verified that with me.
>>
>>Everything goes smoothly until it tries to add the "targets":
>>

>Whenever I use this with an externally SVN supported project, I get
>an exported tree (or prune the .svn directories) and use that for
>svn_load_dirs.  I think the .svn support is probably the source of
>your pain.

Yep, that's exactly it - I did an "svn co" to get trac, instead of "svn
export", so all the existing .svn directories were confusing it.  Thanks!

Jay

Re: Can't use svn_load_dirs on trac?

Posted by Gary Thomas <ga...@mlbassoc.com>.