Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@hyperreal.org> on 2001/08/21 01:18:25 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/docroot/error/images - New direct

According to William A. Rowe, Jr.:

> > I'm slightly skeptical about the usefulness of this new typemap thingy.
> > Is the point of this just to save a bunch of "stat" calls?
> > I guess I could be convinced, but it seems less clean to me.

Well, I tend to agree.

>  The most painful thing to mod_negotation (or mod_autoindex, for that
>  matter) are directories that are _too_large_.  The most painful thing to the
>  stat call is, the same.

We could just put the files in subdirectories, e.g.,
/error/404/not_found.xx.html

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                -Sleep is for the weak and sickly.
lars@hyperreal.org