Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by itayke <ex...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/01 08:09:22 UTC

messages distribution problem

Hello.
I have a Q with several consumers (C++ consumers).Some of the consumers are
slow, so I like that messages will be consumed from the Q by consumers that
are available and not busy.

The Q is handling a small number of messages and they don't need to be
persistance.

Although I have set the pre-fetch size to 1, I can still see that messages
are waiting for the slow consumer to finish its work, while the fast
consumer is free and waiting.
Any ideas what shall I change?

Re: messages distribution problem

Posted by tmi <mi...@web.de>.
Not sure if this is supported in C++ but in Java you could use consumer
priorities, as explained in
http://activemq.apache.org/consumer-priority.html.