Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Cameron Seay <cw...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/08 08:57:54 UTC

Console Error in VMware 2.0

Has anyone seen this error when trying to run the remote console using
vmware 2.0 and Firefox 3.6?

"Cannot access virtual machine console.  The request timed out"

The online forums say it has something to do with  the Add On in Firefox
3.6, but I've taken them all out and I still get the error.  Using IE won't
work for me because I do everything on the box via VNC through port 22
(ssh).  Any hints?  I have tried Opera, but it doesn't work very well with
vmware.

Thanks.

Cameron

Re: Console Error in VMware 2.0

Posted by Cameron Seay <cw...@gmail.com>.
I found using FF 3.5 works fine.  I think I'm going to fall in and see if I
can help David get Virtual Box ready for prime time.  While VMware Server
works okay, it's obvious they are not too concerned with addressing issues
like browser compatibility.  Can't say I blame them; they are in the game to
make money, not save the world.

Thanks.

--
Cameron Seay, Ph.D.
Electronics, Computer and Information Technology

Re: Console Error in VMware 2.0

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.