Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Attila Bukor <ab...@apache.org> on 2021/06/02 14:09:46 UTC

Re: Apache Kudu 1.15.0-RC1

Hi,

Thanks for managing this release, Bankim!

I built Kudu on CentOS 7 and ran tests in slow mode. I’ve seen some flakiness in
raft_consensus-itest and timeouts in txn_manager-test, but as it’s still an
experimental feature, I don’t want to vote against this release candidate.

I would hold off on voting just yet though for reasons I describe inline:

> Linux test-only Kudu binary JAR artifacts are staged here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1090

We also need the MacOS JARs before we can release, and ideally, vote. I can
build it on Catalina if you don't have a Mac, please let me know if I should do
so.

> The WIP release notes can be found here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EusLMIZtBxz3LLBV41C5nYtA4gsdmhmW_SBh2aOiSLE/edit

I'd prefer if the release notes would be included in the released artifacts.

Attila

Re: Apache Kudu 1.15.0-RC1

Posted by Bankim Bhavsar <ba...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
> > Linux test-only Kudu binary JAR artifacts are staged here:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1090

> We also need the MacOS JARs before we can release, and ideally, vote. I
can
> build it on Catalina if you don't have a Mac, please let me know if I
should do
> so.

Ack. I'll work on the MacOS jars.

> > The WIP release notes can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EusLMIZtBxz3LLBV41C5nYtA4gsdmhmW_SBh2aOiSLE/edit

> I'd prefer if the release notes would be included in the released
artifacts.

Ack. +Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com> Can you fill the TODO release note
items?

-Bankim.

Re: Apache Kudu 1.15.0-RC1

Posted by Bankim Bhavsar <ba...@apache.org>.
Resending with apache.org email address.

-Bankim.

Re: Apache Kudu 1.15.0-RC1

Posted by Bankim Bhavsar <ba...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Re: Apache Kudu 1.15.0-RC1