Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by rayaku <ya...@nous.soft.net> on 2002/08/13 14:30:22 UTC

A basic and genuine question

Hi,
I'm happy to work in log4j,I'm using different layouts with different
appenders..
But log4j is writing output on terminal window though i did not mention
rootlogger and consoleapplender
anywhere, i found that the log4j writes output on terminal window default.

How can i disable this from printing the log info on window..

the next question is I'm not able to use below 2nd statement with XMLLayout.

log4j.appender.A2.layout=org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout
log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=%p - [%X{RemoteHost}] - %c  %d
%r  (%F:%L) - %m%n

and please let me know how to use chainsaw?

thanks
</rayaku>