Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Igor Rychkov <ry...@chem.scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp> on 2002/01/11 18:48:13 UTC

Intel C++ Compiler

Hello,
Anyone succeeded to get Xerces work with Intel C++ Compiler 5.0 for Linux? I
didn't. It built okay except that icc doesn't understand -fPIC - should
be -KPIC I suppose. But the real trouble came when I tried to make my
project:
.../xerces-c-src1_6_0/lib/libxerces-c1_6_0.so: undefined reference to
`strnicmp__FCPCcT1CUi'
.../xerces-c-src1_6_0/lib/libxerces-c1_6_0.so: undefined reference to
`stricmp__FCPCcT1'

and samples (which wanted to be compiled with gcc anyway, but I forced to
icc by changing ../Makefile.incl) - there were various other undefined
references too.

Any hope?
Igor
----
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently
there must be a beverage.
Woody Allen
----