Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by josh lucas <lu...@collab.net> on 2001/08/17 08:23:54 UTC

baby steps

ok, so I've had a bit of success using Gump tonight especially with the
additions of srcdir.  Thanks Sam!  My setup is pretty slimmed down since
I'm currently assuming that the build box (or the checked out modules)
has everything I need to build so I'm not dealing with any of the
dependency bits.

Actually, at first, I tried to setup my project files with all the
dependencies but it became very frustrating to have to list each
additional project needed in the profile.  It would be great if you
could just say that a project depended on Ant and Gump would be smart
enough to put the necessary pieces together.

Now I need to figure out how I'm going to 'wrap' Gump since I need to
set a few env variables before building can happen.  Plus, I want Gump
to play well with other parts of Alexandria especially jxr.  It would be
great if the jxr ant task wasn't so tied to certain outdated directory
structures.  Hmmm, I guess I could fix it and send patches but there
doesn't seem to be anyone working on non-Gump parts of Alexandria right
now.

Ok, enough rambling.  I'll send some project descriptors tomorrow...

josh