Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2020/10/03 00:11:07 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-653: Upgrade log4j to log4j2

+1 (binding)

A very welcome update :)

--
Gwen Shapira
Engineering Manager | Confluent

Re: [VOTE] KIP-653: Upgrade log4j to log4j2

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Mickael,

If reload4j is fully compatible, then no vote should be needed. It would be
great if a committer could review the PR, test it and verify that this is
the case. For example, I noticed that the maven coordinates are not the
same. What happens if both log4j and reload4j are in the classpath? Is this
an issue? Similarly "slf4j-reload4j" seems to be a different artifact. I
left some comments in the PR too.

Ismael

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Dongjin,

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Mickael,

Posted by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>.
Mickael,
+1 from me - even if you didn't ask for a vote :-)

Edo

Edoardo Comar
Event Streams for IBM Cloud

________________________________