Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Vanderpol <ma...@atre.net> on 2001/12/12 18:55:22 UTC

Modified HTML source in JSP to Servlet translation

Hello all,

I'm experiencing an odd (for me...maybe it's normal) ocurrance when a
JSP get's compiled into a Servlet by Tomcat. It's doing 2 things:

2. Rearranging tags - "<![CDATA[some text]]><my:custom_tag />" outputs
as "custom_tag_text some text"

Since my JSP is an XML file, I figure it's got something to do with how
Java is parsing and recreating my file for the servlet. I figure I can
just go into the servlet source and edit that to get the correct output,
but I don't want to do that all the time.

Has anyone else ever encountered this sort of issue and what did you do
to fix it? Thanks in advance.

-Matt

--
Matt Vanderpol  |  AtreNet  |  1.831.425.2299 x216  |
http://www.atre.net/