Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Mincy <je...@delphioutpost.com> on 2011/08/08 19:02:35 UTC

Disposition deleted

Can somebody clue me in on how to match 'Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted'
in a disposition-notification mime attachment?

   ------_=_NextPart_001_01CC55E0.440F392C

   Final-Recipient: RFC822; Kathy.Dupre@ca.com
   Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted

   ------_=_NextPart_001_01CC55E0.440F392C--

I've tried body, rawbody and mimeheader without success:
   mimeheader LOCAL_AUTOMATIC_ACTION Disposition =~ /automatic-action\/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted/

This appears to be some new MS Exchange bounce message.

I'm running 3.2.5 if it matters.

thanks.
-jeff

Re: Disposition deleted

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Jeff Mincy wrote:

> Can somebody clue me in on how to match 'Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted'
> in a disposition-notification mime attachment?
>
>   ------_=_NextPart_001_01CC55E0.440F392C
>
>   Final-Recipient: RFC822; Kathy.Dupre@ca.com
>   Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted
>
>   ------_=_NextPart_001_01CC55E0.440F392C--
>
> I've tried body, rawbody and mimeheader without success:
>   mimeheader LOCAL_AUTOMATIC_ACTION Disposition =~ /automatic-action\/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted/

mimeheader won't work as Disposition: is in a MIME body part - note the
blank line, it's syntactically significant (unless that's a cut-and-paste
error in your example). You could use mimeheader to check for the
content-type, but I suspect that since SA doesn't grok
message/disposition-notification it's not exposing that body part to
rawbody or body.

Try a "full" rule.

   ...to announce there must be no criticism of the President or to
   stand by the President right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and
   servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public.
                                           -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
  7 days until the 66th anniversary of the end of World War II