Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Balendra Singh <ba...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/12 14:24:14 UTC

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METAMODEL-15

Hi,

I started working on *https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METAMODEL-15
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METAMODEL-15>*.
I made modification in *SelectItem.toStringNoAlias()* for the functionality
to have spaces in columns and I am testing these changes using
*JdbcDataContextTest.java*. But this class uses *jdbcschema_serialized.dat*
for the sample schema.
Should we update the this schema to have the table with column with spaces
or we should do something else to test these changes.
Testcase for this issue requires the sample schema with spaces in table
name, column name or schema name.
Please provide some input on this.

Thanks,
Balendra

Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METAMODEL-15

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
Hi Balendra,

Interesting story, cool stuff that you picked this.

Maybe you can start by testing this on a PojoDataContext where you just
build the schema/table/column model in memory. Since this issue is very
generic (the parser applies to all DataContext implementations) then you
don't need to integration test with a real database, rather just use
in-memory objects to make your task lighter.

Best,
Kasper