Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/03 15:11:28 UTC

RE: Error 500

	This may come as a surprise, but the error message means that Tomcat
can't find javac - the Java Compiler.  Check your JAVA_HOME environment
variable - you need to set JAVA_HOME so that JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar is the
valid path to the file.  If you are using IBM's Jikes for your Java compiler
then you need to alter your configuration files (there should be more
information on this in the docs, but I'm not familiar with this setup).

	Randy