Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Grégory Joseph <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/21 22:59:50 UTC

How to build a pom w/ reactor, which has a different filename than pom.xml ?

Hi list,

Following the instructions here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How%20do%20I%20build%20more%20than%20one%20project%20at%20once?
, it seemed pretty obvious that each entry in <module> is the name of
the directory (relative path, actually) containing module to be built.
So if I do <module>foo/bar</module>, maven's going to load and build
$basedir/foo/bar/pom.xml

Now, my problem is that, in my basedir, I have 2 poms: one used by
most of my modules, and one used only by a couple, adding extra build
directives and dependencies. The 2nd depends on the 1st one. The
filenames are pom.xml and pom-taglib.xml

... and, I have no clue how to have that second pom built and used in
the reactor. I tried
        <module>pom-taglib.xml</module>
.. but to no avail (maven-2.0), since it was then looking for a
pom-taglib.xml/pom.xml file

If there's no way to do this, well, I guess I'll just move my 2nd pom
to a second directory, but I'd be happy if I didn't have to. (Because
I'm trying to keep my modules organized by logical / functional groups
rather than artifact type).

Thanks for any hint, tip or idea !

Cheers,