Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by kiran kumar <ki...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/18 13:24:27 UTC

enabling acl's restricts the plaintext protocol too

Hi All,

Is it possible to connect producers/consumers over a plaintext protocol
with the following broker configuration ?

broker config:

plaintext:host-name:9091,sasl_plaintext:host-name:9092
*allow.everyone.if.no.acl.found=true*
authorizer.class.name=kafka.security.auth.SimpleAclAuthorizer

security.inter.broker.protocol=SASL_PLAINTEXT
sasl.mechanism.inter.broker.protocol=PLAIN
sasl.enabled.mechanisms=PLAIN

As you can see I have enabled both plaintext and sasl_plaintext protocols
and set the acls. With a valid jaas configuration I can publish message
over sasl protocol. However,  I am unable to publish or consume over a
plaintext protocol.

I am getting the following error:

WARN Error while fetching metadata with correlation id 0 :
{topic03=UNKNOWN_TOPIC_OR_PARTITION}
(org.apache.kafka.clients.NetworkClient)

am I missing any configuration ?

broker version:10.1.0
OS: Redhat Linux 5.11
java version 1.8