Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com> on 2016/02/29 09:08:45 UTC

how to access apache personal web space?

Hi all,
Did you meet with the same issue: fail to use SSH to connect to people.apache.org.

>ssh plusplusjiajia@people.apache.org
>ssh: connect to host people.apache.org port 22: Connection timed out

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Jiajia

Re: how to access apache personal web space?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 03/01/2016 08:33 AM, Li, Jiajia wrote:
> So need to set "SSH Key (authorized_keys line):" right?

Correct.

RE: how to access apache personal web space?

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
Thanks very much.

SSH key, the one I put to https://id.apache.org/. Did you put yours there too?

Re: how to access apache personal web space?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 03/01/2016 08:22 AM, Li, Jiajia wrote:
> Thanks Stefan.
> What are you used to login, password or ssh keys?

SSH key, then one I put to https://id.apache.org/. Did you put yours
there too?

RE: how to access apache personal web space?

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
Thanks Stefan.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
Thanks Emmanuel.
So now use "home.apache.org" to replace "people.apache.org ".

But still with errors when I try to access "home.apache.org":
"sftp plusplusjiajia@home.apache.org
Connecting to home.apache.org...
ssh: connect to host home.apache.org port 22: Network is unreachable
Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer"

I need to copy data to " https://home.apache.org/~plusplusjiajia/", but with error when I access this url in browser:
"Not Found
The requested URL /~plusplusjiajia was not found on this server."

Is it because I do not have permission?

Thanks
Jiajia

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.